Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You guys asked for it...

On April 11th 2011, I had a surgery that changed my life forever. We've been delaying this little tale for what feels like years. Now we bring the full story to you complete with actual pictures of the surgery!


I have always had back problems even before my surgery, scoliosis. As you can see in the above pic (the right side image) my back wasn't exactly normal. So as a result I had to get two iron rods seventeen screws on and around my spine! 

Recovery took some time. It was suppose to be three days but had breathing problems, which resulted in a longer stay and going home with an oxygen tank. They had to wake me up every hour to make sure I didn't get bed sores and to have me take a walk, they also had to constantly change my sleeping position every hour. Needless to say getting sleep wasn't easy. Fortunately I was visited by family and friends, I even got a visit by the Utah Jazz Bear! And above all else the surgery would be for the better (at least that's what they tell me),

Today, while my back is better than before, I still get pretty bad back pain and have to take pills to help ease the pain so that I can survive the day, everyday. It's kind of unfortunate that I now and forever will have a disadvantage to do the things I love like baseball but I'm a fighter!!!!

Now I have some pretty graphic images to show you guys. If any of you have a problem seeing blood and sort of gory content I suggest you don't click the link below. But if you think you can then I suggest you go see the pictures.

Get to know me better from an all new perspective! See the Images by clicking HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment